The history of Aura
We call this land Aura. Nestled in the shadows of the Glasshouse Mountains, Aura is part of the Pumicestone Passage catchment.
This Pumicestone Passage has a fascinating history, stretching back over 7,000 years – a unique and iconic waterway, rich in ecological diversity.
Marine life breeds here, and it’s a haven for birds and wildlife too. The land used to provide food for the Traditional Custodians, the Undumbi people, whose country runs from Pine River in the south, to Noosa and west to the mountains.
The region has undergone many changes since European settlement. The Aura site was cleared in the 1950s and used for pine plantation and cattle grazing.
Building the city of Aura means that parts of this historically significant area can be restored and regenerated. The Pumicestone Passage and tributary creeks, including Lamerough Creek and Bells Creek (north and south branches), which flow through the site, must be protected. To achieve this, we invite you to work with us, as co-custodians, working as a team committed to protecting the Sunshine Coast Region and develop it sustainably and in way that reflects the intrinsic lifestyle values of our community.
• 700 hectares of conservation area and parklands
• Aquatic Centre, Sports and Recreational Park
• 200km-plus cycle and walking trails to be created
• Up to 20,000 direct jobs
• 20,000 additional jobs will be created during the construction stage
• 2 major business and enterprise parks
Shopping & Retail
• 11 hectare Town Centre in the future Master Plan
• Town Square shopping centre
• 7 Village Hubs
• Stockland to invest $300 million in first 5 years of the development
• Caloundra Hospital (5 min drive)
• Medical Centre (8 min drive)
• Transit Centre in the heart of the City (within 15 min of every home)
• 2 x direct connections to Bruce Highway (5 min drive)
• Train station, bus routes and light rail links (within 15 min of every home)
• 15 min from all conveniences within the city
• 5 Public Primary Schools (within 6km)
• 2 Public High Schools (within 6km)
• 8 Private Schools (within 7km)